Mechanical Power, Inc.
Job Title: Territory Manager
Reports To: VP Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Territory Manager is responsible for selling corporate products to businesses and industrial establishments or individuals by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 ERFQ’s and 4 Quotes are required each month from each Territory Manager. A valid ERFQ or Quote must have a value in excess of $5,000 to count towards this requirement.
- A minimum 60 customer contacts are required in a typical week. A TM should conduct 20 face-to-face meetings with customers and prospects each month.
- Grow sales in the assigned territory by at least $400,000 per year.
- Accurately record all meetings, calls, contacts and activities in SalesForce or the appropriate CRM program designated by company management. Adherence to the SalesForce Protocol is mandatory.
- The TM is responsible for gathering all of the essential information for the Account Manager to prepare an accurate and competitive quotation.
- Work in conjunction with the Account Manager to get forecast for the following 12 mos. of sales from
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, bingos, dealer resellers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Provides product demos, samples and testimonials to qualified customers.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for
- Tracks stock levels and delivers Customer Inventory Analysis to customers on a regular basis.
- Working with Quoting and Purchasing teams, estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Travels to and attends trade shows with the approval of the Sales Manager.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Adaptability – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Recognizes and acts on opportunities; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality – Applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
- Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers. Builds rapport and establishes trust. Asks questions to discover client business needs. Applies product and market knowledge effectively. Presents solutions that meet customer objectives. Manages and documents sales process.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Ability: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SalesForce CRM software; Accounting software; Database software; Design software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to provide own transportation and travel to customers and within assigned territory to visit prospects and customers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.