Mechanical Power, Inc.
Job Title Sales Engineer
Reports To VP Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Sells and serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Support and follow all ISO standards including MPI procedures, work instructions, work flow charts, and all quality system related training.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of contacts with Engineering professionals within customer and prospect organizations.
- Number of prints revised, reviewed or analyzed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Recognizes and acts on opportunities; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Technical Aptitude– Candidate must possess a solid technical and mechanical aptitude. They must have the ability to read, understand, and generate an industrial product drawing, a CAD drawing or data sheet specification. They must also have a solid knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or University; and four to ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Ability: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SalesForce CRM software; Accounting software; Database software; Design software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must be able to provide own transportation and travel to customers and within assigned territory to visit prospects and customers.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.