Account Manager/ Inside OEM Sales
Mechanical Power, Inc.
Job Title: Account Manager/Inside OEM Sales
Reports To: Vice President of Sales/ Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The account manager serves as the primary contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. This position is expected to provide excellent customer care and represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure ultimate satisfaction. In addition, the account manager will develop and maintain relationships with clients to encourage both new and repeat business opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates to client requests to address any issues or concerns.
- Inserts customer and account data into software systems.
- Reviews data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output.
- Applies data program and procedures to complete the job.
- Verifies and follows-up on jobs to ensure on time delivery and that the clients expectations are met or exceeded.
- Engages with clients efficiently and professionally when dealing with escalated issues and if needed notifies the Customer Care Manager.
- Approves change orders, invoices, and collects past due invoices.
- Clarifies information exchange to identify potential issues or opportunities within the project.
- Completes profitable projects by following processes and procedures and meeting quality standards
- Pursues growth opportunities.
- Displays strong team representation through continuous communication.
- Provides knowledge of company capabilities and services to all clients.
- Direct phone contact with customers managing their open/ blanket orders, provide shipping status, proof of delivery information, return authorizations, shipping problem resolutions, and manage customer inventory reports (CIA) by tracking stock levels.
- Candidate must exhibit responsiveness, sense of urgency, ability to follow through with assignment and
- Exhibit a courteous, engaging, persuasive, and helpful personality when interfacing directly with
customers on the phone or corresponding through emails.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Purchasing, Warehousing, Administration, Quality Assurance, and
Management utilizing a teamwork approach.
- Generate customer sales orders in Business Edge (BE) or related business management system from
phone calls, faxes, Emails, and historical forecast. (5-7 years’ experience required)
- Analyze, audit and generate, professionally written quotations presentations of large opportunities to
support the Territory Managers.
- Must exhibit a highly mechanical aptitude of industrial products. (5-7 years’ experience required)
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers,
business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Develops and pitches new-business presentations with Marketing Department’s involvement.
- Support and follow all ISO standards including MPI procedures, work instructions, work flow charts, and
all quality system related training.
Key Performance Indicators
- Responsiveness. Minimal days to respond to customer quote requests
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Recognizes and acts on opportunities; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Consultative Selling – FQualifies potential customers. Builds rapport and establishes trust. Asks questions to discover client business needs. Applies product and market knowledge effectively. Presents solutions that meetcustomer objectives. Manages and documents sales process.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Technical Aptitude Candidate must possess a solid technical and mechanical aptitude. They must have the ability to read and understand an industrial product drawing, a CAD drawing and data sheet specification. They must also have a basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college and two years inside sales, marketing or business management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Ability: Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SalesForce CRM software; Accounting software; Database software; Design software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must be able to provide own transportation and travel to customers and within assigned territory to visit prospects and customers.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.